October 18, 2010
EurActiv is the leading EU policy media, publishing in 11 languages and 11 countries to over 500 000 monthly readers. In November 2009, Euractiv celebrated its 10th Anniversary with a prestigious Award Ceremony – View related interviews including Barroso, Buzek, Verhofstadt, Wallström. The company has doubled its team size in recent years (to approx. 70 people including franchise partners) and has three main sources of income: Sponsorship, Advertising and Public contracts.
To lead and strengthen our presence in social media, especially our own Blogactiv platform, we are currently looking to recruit a
Director Social Media & Stakeholder Projects
* Actively attract senior and highly visible bloggers to Blogactiv platform
* Be responsible for daily blogger animation, including coaching a member of the editorial team
* Encourage EurActiv country partners to engage in blogging activities
* Lead specifications for technical and visual integration of Blogactiv into EurActiv’s Drupal CMS (while retaining distinct brand for the platform)
* Help lead our thinking on how EurActiv & Blogactiv can use various social media to serve our readers and clients, implementing actions agreed among management
* Help design and lead projects with public or corporate funding and engaging stakeholders across borders in these projects
* Cooperate closely with editors, communication manager & publisher
* This position is supervised by the CEO
Profile and experience requested:
* Solid Brussels experience and understanding of EU institutions
* Background in consultancy, media, think tanks and/or EU projects (at least 4 years)
* Strong network among policy stakeholders and political influencers
* Strong interest in online culture, especially social media
* Proven track record of blogging, tweeting, etc.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
* Excellent coordination and project management skills
* Ability to set appropriately ambitious targets and measure progress against them
* Entrepreneurial spirit and good team player
* Interest in partnership-type perspective, with ‘independent’ compensation + incentives, and prospect of becoming a shareholder of EurActiv
* Languages: fluent in English and very good French or German
For informal inquiries, relevant candidates can call in trust: Christophe Leclercq: 02 226 58 13 or Rick Zednik: 02 226 58 12
Applications including a short cover letter should be sent to Anneli Prohaska on email@example.com by no later than 30th October.
— Yes. This is in large part my current position. For a mixture of personal and professional reasons I have decided to move back to the UK permanently and thus a vacancy has opened in the eurosphere.
If you are in the blogosphere and are interested in applying (it is worth pointing out that blogging is not the main function of this position) I recommend that you contact one of the names above and seek some further information. Good luck!
— Extra note: This position has been filled and Joe Litobarski took up the role in December 2010.Author : Stuart Langridge